Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday Seven miler

This morning we headed out to do a nice seven miler. Let me begin by saying that I have not run this far since before I knew I was pregnant. That was a loooooooong time ago. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous! Ben and Stella were going to meet my mom for a walk around Tod's Point, and I had him drop us off at Binney Park.  Binney Park is a great and beautiful park in Old Greenwich, where we used to watch fireworks. On a nice spring or summer day, you can pretty much always see people taking their wedding photos here - or of course prom in early June! 
Pretty, isn't it? (Needless to say, this was not taken today!)
Here's the breakdown of the mileage/times from this morning:

Mile 1 - 8:46
Oliver fell asleep after about 3/4 mile!
Mile 2 - 8:27
Mile 3 - 8:34

At about 3.5 miles into the run, I passed my mom, Ben and Stella. Oliver was sleeping, so I dropped the stroller off with them, and set off without it! It made a little bit of a difference, but not too much in terms of time.  I ran by the same groups of people twice (I did the beach loop 2x), and they must have been wondering where I stashed the child/stroller after loop #1! Glad no one called the cops on me :)

Mile 4 - 8:29
Mile 5 - 8:36
Mile 6 - 8:39

After the sixth mile, I was trying to do all of the number-crunching in my head to figure out if I could break an hour. I really pushed the last half mile, and made it perfectly. The people sitting by the concession stand, and playing with the dogs on the beach must have looked at me like I was crazy.

Mile 7 - 8:29

Total - 1:00:00! 

What a nice, round number!  Now I can feel guilt-free about eating some mozzarella sticks, macaroni and cheese pockets, and chips/salsa during the game tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment