Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Catching Up

I've been horrible at blogging the last few weeks, we've got a lot going on around here (namely planning for O's first birthday party, insert sobbing). 

Anyway, here's a recap of my last long runs.
Sunday, 1/22 - 0. 
It was the day after Ben's birthday, 5" of snow on the ground....and I just couldn't muster up the energy to run. Nor do I have those awesome grippers to put on your shoes to make running in the snow/ice easy. Knowing my coordination, I'd fall flat on my face. 

Sunday, 1/29 - 6 miles in 51:30, 8:35/mile average.
(Without the stroller, thanks to a napping child and awesome husband.)
Point #1 from this run - Have you ever run a very familiar road and realized that you thought it was a LOT longer/farther than it really is? I ran into Harrison/Mamaroneck and back... a road that we regularly drive - to the grocery store, out to dinner, and to do other errands. It seems like a LOT farther than 6 miles when I drive it. Traffic lights? School buses? Child wanting snack in the back seat? Could be. Oh well!
Point #2 - What time of day do you usually run? I have been a morning runner/exerciser for the past seven years, and I thought I was going to hate running at 3:30 pm.  It wasn't all that bad once I got out there. I was drafting, in my head, a post about how awful it was going to be, until I realized that it wasn't. Sometimes (like Sunday), you have to take the time you're given and work with it. 
Here's the map and elevation/pace chart:
Next up: 7 miles on Sunday. This will be the longest I've run in...wait for it....a YEAR. ::gasp::


1 comment: