Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A cold 4 miler....

...and I'm an awful blogger. This is a solid 4 1/2 days late (been working on a lot here, sorry)

(Note: No pictures, this was an ipod-free, stroller-free, camera-free, dog-free run)

Saturday morning O woke up at 6:15am (!) after only having gotten up a few quick times during the night, none of which required intervention from yours truly. So, I fed him. Knowing that I would probably not, no, definitely not, get more sleep Saturday night - I got dressed for a run.  

A COLD run. It was a solid 18 degrees out when I hit the pavement (the "feels like 9" on my phone was killer), and warmed up to 21 degrees by the time I got home. This is exactly what I missed about running up here. I would take freezing cold over 95 degrees and 90% humidity any day of the week. 

I set out to do four miles, and I intended to do a two mile out and back. After I turned the first major corner, checked my Garmin and saw it said 1.7 (roughly), I figured the whole loop would be about 4. Yup! It was 4.16, but I used the last 0.16 to cool down. (Thank you OCD and love of even numbers). 

I did run with my watch, but forgot to click 'lap' at each mile, so I'm not sure how to get my splits. Anyone know? Anyway, I did 4.0 miles in 35:16, which breaks down to 8:49/mile. Not bad for a chilly day! 

Here's the loop, thank you to www.mapmyrun.com - does anyone use this site to log runs too?

Tomorrow I'm supposed to do three (last Thursday was POURING so I bailed - eeks), let's see if I can get up and do it early before the day starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment