Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Two more training runs...

Last week, we went on our FIRST family vacation since Oliver was born (2/2011!) that didn't involve visiting at least one set of grandparents. We booked our flight one day when we had ten inches of snow falling… and I almost convinced Ben to stay a few more days. 

 We were down in Singer Island, FL and it was wonderful. The boys were angels on the flight - Miles slept both ways and Oliver was hanging out watching tv and eating (thanks, JetBlue!). It was 5 hours door-to-door thanks to a flight out of our local airport and despite a snafu at the rental car place. (Not surprisingly, only one employee works the midnight shift.)

I managed to sneak away for a nice long run one day. I was planning on going around Lake Worth (see map below), but when I got going I mapped it and realized that it would be about 14 miles. Oops. I guess it didn't seem that long driving around it? So I did an out-and-back that ended up being a little over 9 1/2 miles. I definitely walked the last bit to cool down and it helped me not feel as stiff or sore the next morning. 

The weather was beautiful although local Floridians claimed it was downright arctic. I ran in shorts, tshirt, hat and sunglasses. It was a perfect 65 degrees. Having traveled over 1,000 miles since its last use, my Garmin decided not to kick in until about mile 5. Awesome. I also left my iPod at home. Thank you, Pitbull Pandora station for keeping me company!


A nice long run in the sun! 

Happy, chunky baby soaking up the sunshine!

Just a giant sandbox...

This past Sunday, I managed to sneak out for an afternoon run with two friends who have a 4 month old and a 5 month old, so they know how treasured "me" time is!
We did a few really cold, snowy miles but they went by really quickly between the conversation and watching our step on the not-so-shoveled sidewalks. 

Up next - a long run (probably single stroller in tow) on Super Bowl Sunday before Ben goes to the big game. 

Go Broncos!

No comments:

Post a Comment