Sunday, January 8, 2012

Training Plan!

Here's my (tentative) training plan for the next few months. After reviewing three or four different 'suggested' training plans, I modified them to meet our needs. I can't really run 4-5 times a week, that's just not do-able.  I also just don't like to build on long runs, I enjoyed the three up, one back, mileage increase that Meredith and I did in preparation for the '09 MCM.  I based it off of a book (Here!) entitled "Four Months to a Four Hour Marathon" and it got me to within seven minutes (!) of my goal time. I tried to mimic the patterns, and I will most likely do the Thursday runs for speed, hills (if I can do them pre-wake-up time), or tempo runs. We will see.
I've already put in my cross training for the first week of this year, and will continue to do so. I like to keep track of it, especially when it comes to off days and yoga/pilates.
The ability to stick with this running plan will obviously depend a lot on the weather, whether I can get a membership (relatively inexpensively) to use the Rec Center or local Y once or twice a week (early morning or after bed time), and how O and I are both feeling on a weekly basis. I might add a few miles if it's beautiful out, and I'd be fine with cutting a few out here or there as well. As I'm learning, this whole "mum" thing is about flexibility. So don't hold me to this schedule, okay? :)

[You can click on each month to view a larger version in which you can actually read the mileages]

Where do you get your training plans from? Do you plot out your routes the night before?  Or do you just head out and see where the run takes you?



No comments:

Post a Comment